Collecting and using personal information
Welcome to your Resources For Living (RFL) website. For the purposes of this document, Resourcesforliving.com refers to any RFL website available to a recipient of an RFL service. Some such websites may be accessed through different domain names.
As you navigate this site, we may ask you to disclose certain personal details. Specifically, this includes data that is unique to you, such as your name, address, e-mail address or phone number. This information allows us to provide you with quality information and services. In order for you to make an informed decision about whether to disclose your personal information to us, we are providing you with the following details about how your information is collected and used:
- We do not collect your personal information unless you disclose it to us.
- We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Verifying your identity to ensure our communications with you are secure and confidential
- Responding to inquiries or requests from you
- Except in connection with the sale, transfer, merger, consolidation or other transaction involving all or part of our company, we will not sell, license or otherwise transfer any rights to your personal information to any third party unless expressly authorized by you.
- We may transmit or disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- If required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, regulatory oversight, or other legal process
- To enable Resources For Living contractors or vendors to perform certain services for us including, but not limited to, website maintenance and performance improvement tasks.
- We will not knowingly collect personally-identifiable information from minors under the age of thirteen (13) without their parents' consent.
- Where required by law or regulation, you will be able to update the information that you provide to us by sending us an e-mail.
In all cases, we will only disclose your personally identifiable information consistent with applicable laws and regulations. For authorized third parties, we require the recipient to protect the information and use it only for the purpose for which it was provided.
Collecting and using non-personally identifiable information
You should also be aware that when you visit our website, we collect certain non-personally-identifiable and aggregate information about you. By "non-personally-identifiable information," we mean information that does not identify you personally, but provides us with anonymous "usage data," such as the number of unique visitors we receive, what pages are visited most often and the navigation preferences of our visitors.
This data helps us analyze and improve the usefulness of the information we provide. In order for you to make an informed decision about whether to use and navigate our website, we are providing you with the following information about how we collect and use non-personally identifiable and aggregate information:
- Web browser information. Web browsers collect and store information about the type of device and operating system you are using to access our website, as well as your device’s MAC address for facilitating network communications. Accessing this information helps us to establish a secure and consistent connection to you during your visits to our website.
- "Cookie" technology. A "cookie" is an element of data that a website can send to your browser when you link to that website. It is not a computer program and has no ability to read data residing on your computer or instruct it to perform any step or function. By assigning a unique data element to each visitor, the website is able to recognize repeat users, track usage patterns and better serve you when you return to that site. The cookie does not extract other personal information about you, such as your name or address.
- IP Address. When you subscribe to an Internet Service Provider (ISP), your computing device is assigned an IP Address. We track and store this address to help us manage security and monitor usage volume and patterns.