While most of us "get the blues" sometimes, for many, these feelings don’t last very long. With depression, these feelings can affect your ability to function. And they can last a long time. Without help, depression can affect your job performance, your relationships and other aspects of your life.
Articles to help with depression
What is depression? Who can get it? What are the signs? These articles can help you understand more about depression and be aware of what to do if you or someone you know could be experiencing it.
- A holistic approach to depression
- Adolescent depression
- Breaking the cycle of depression
- Coping with depression: self-soothing exercise
- Depression and the elderly
- Depression basics
- Depression FAQ
- Depression: strategies for improving moods
- Depression: tips for recovery
- Fact or fiction disputing myths regarding depression
- Lifting spirits during the holidays
- Postpartum depression overview
- Teenagers and depression
- Understanding your depression
Depression resource center – videos
Depression doesn’t always look the same or start for the same reason. By watching these videos, you can learn about common triggers as well as pathways to recovery.
- Depression: More than the blues
- Common misconceptions about bipolar disorder
- Sadness or depression?
- Postpartum depression
- Antidepressants: Keeping your life in balance
- Counseling for depression
- Depression: How it affects your body
- Depression: Rating your mood
- Depression: Social support and recovery
- Stories from people recovering from depression
You can find more information and resources on these websites: